compensation: $12 per hour plus tips
employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Do you want to ride for a living? Are you an experienced rider (English or Western) who has ridden at an intermediate/advanced level on the trails and in the arena?
Red Fern Riding Center is seeking qualified, Guided Trail Ride Leaders for the guided ride season.
Our season runs from April 1st to November 15th. Job training will start March 15th.
You must meet all of the following requirements:
*You MUST be an intermediate/advanced rider with at least two years of "recent" trail riding experience.
* Be able to co-lead groups 4-10 on 1 hour trail rides with varying terrain.
* Be confident enough to ride and instruct at the same time.
* Be able turn around easily and face your customers while guiding your own horse.
* Be able to ground mount any size horse without assistance.
* Be able pony another horse with or without a rider.
* Have customer service experience or aptitude.
* Know how to: tie a slip knot, properly brush and pick feet, know how to tack up and how to put together (or take apart) each element of your tack.
* Have basic horse health knowledge and know how to identify lameness, colic, thrush, rain rot, dehydration etc.
* You must be 18 or older and able to drive yourself to and from the barn.
* You must be very safety oriented and observant of both people and horses.
Your schedule would be flexible we offer 4 rides per day Wednesday through Sunday.
This is an Independent Contractor position. You must be 18 or older.
Pay is $12 per hour plus tips, 6-8 hour shifts, part-time and full-time opportunities depending on availability and experience.
* Catch the trail horses from the fields, brush and a tack up.
* Greet customers, sign waivers and get helmets fitted.
* Adjust tack, mount, safety check each customer and provide a short introductory lesson.
* Co-lead 1 hour rides either riding as the lead or tail.
* Ensure the safety and comfort level of the customers by engaging them in conversation and keeping a watchful eye on the group.
* Untack clean, wash and turn out the trail horses.
Email us a short "Wrangler" resume about your previous riding experience and detailing your availability, proximity to the park and desired hours.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
post id: 7273228660
email to friend