compensation: $15 per hour employment type: contract
QR Code Link to This Post
Contract Art Handler Job Description
21c Museum Hotel seeks a contract, temporary Art Handler in assisting the 21c collections team with the movement of artworks, decorative art pieces, office furniture, supplies/materials. This includes lifting and moving artworks on and off trucks and trailers, and sorting and relocating items within the storage facility. This position may also be asked to assist with setting up workstations.
- Move crated/packed works on and off trucks.
- Relocating crates and boxes within storage locations
- Communicate efficiently and effectively with museum team.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail, ability to focus on tasks, and ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to follow instructions and to quickly and safely accomplish tasks.
- Knowledge of safe handling procedures when shipping and transporting two- and three-dimensional art objects in a variety of materials, sizes, and weights, is preferred, but not mandatory.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Explain and carry out methods and procedures relating to the handling of irreplaceable art objects.
- Experience driving fork lift is preferred, but not mandatory.
- Other duties as needed and required.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers