compensation: $36,000/yr, great benefits (dental included), 2 weeks/yr PTO, 10 paid holidays, etc. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Purdy Enterprise, headquartered in the Charlotte, NC area, is a multi-state provider of property-related field services, such as maintenance, inspections, and property preservation for REO properties (i.e., foreclosed) and other real estate.
The position offered is an in-field position, titled Field Technician, and is a critical aspect of the company's Field Service Manager (FSM) contracts with The US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
Some relevant prior experience is required, whether in property maintenance, repairs, rehab, restoration, lawn maintenance, professional cleaning, home inspections, etc. Also, great personal character, reliability, professionalism, and integrity are required. If you are not well-known to be someone that always does the right thing, always works extremely hard, and is highly trustable regardless of whether or not someone is watching, then please read no further. Additionally, the candidate must possess a proactive, resourceful, problem-solver mindset, along with great attention to detail.
The chosen candidate will also have the physical ability and stamina needed to perform maintenance and inspection activities quickly and safely. And, the candidate will have a clean driving record, will have three great professional references, will pass a drug screening, and will pass a criminal background check.
The position involves use of a mobile application to make notations and provide photos of findings. The homes involved are vacant, and often are for-sale. The neighborhoods involved vary in terms of crime rates and housing values. Much of the territory involved will be greater Louisville, but regular travel to other areas of Kentucky and Indiana will be required. The candidate will work remotely, as opposed to running out of a physical office. Equipment will be stored at a storage facility nearby candidate's home.
Specific tasks will include, to a varying degree, inspections, yard maintenance, safety-related repairs, winterizations, cleaning, lock changes, debris removal, and other tasks related to vacant home maintenance. Training will be provided as needed, as will a company vehicle and tools.
The minimum requirements to be considered as a candidate are as follows:
- Great personal character, reliability, and integrity
- Analysis and critical thinking skills, with keen attention to detail
- Good communication abilities
- Fair computer, software, and technology ability and aptitude
- A teachable spirit, coupled with resourcefulness and a self-starter mentality
- Physical ability to move quickly, to lift at least 50 pounds, and to perform various maintenance/repair activities
Benefits include the following:
- Several great health plan options, wherein the company pays 100% of the employee's monthly premium
- Great dental coverage, in addition to vision, life insurance, and disability
- Two weeks of paid time off per year (earned incrementally per paycheck)
- Paid holidays, per the federal schedule (currently ten days per year)
Scheduling requirements involve:
- Day shift type hours (8-10 hours per day, depending on routes)
- Occasional work on a Saturday or Sunday (details to be finalized with candidate)
Interested candidates should respond by sending their resume in reply to this posting.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers