Under the direction of the Property Manager, the Service Manager is responsible for all physical operations of the apartment community, coordinating and performing maintenance and repair services to ensure excellent curb appeal and quality of apartment homes, responding to customer service requests, monitoring and adhering to all safety policies, providing a positive work environment for maintenance team members, and leading by example. The Service Manager lives and promotes our Mission and Values.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Direct and oversee all aspects of maintenance of the community, including resident satisfaction and retention.
2. Schedule and perform preventative maintenance, inspections, nighttime lighting audits, and janitorial services per policies and procedures. Maintain accurate records.
3. Provide first line information, documentation and training regarding any property specific special needs including, but not limited to, asbestos, lead and deficient plumbing.
4. Daily inspection of the property for curb appeal, condition and safety issues to meet Inspection Report standards and "white glove" test.
5. Schedule, coordinate, and assist with apartment turns including assistance with resident move- out and apartment renovations.
6. Ensure vacant apartments are in market ready condition according to quality standards, downtime standard for preparation of market ready apartments and to be determined time for upgrade unit turns, and the "white glove" test.
7. Follow expense guideline, monitor operating expenses within budget, making recommendations for cost saving strategies.
8. Be responsible for purchasing adequate materials for timely service requests, vacant turns, inventory control and storage areas locked, inventory of assets, and utilization of maintenance materials.
9. Communicate in writing anticipated capital needs and maintenance requirements for the operating budget. Assist Property Manager in development of annual budget, business plan and capital improvements.
10. Coordinate all contracted services, soliciting and analyzing bids; ensure materials are accounted for and that the work has been performed properly prior to the release of payment.
11. Supervise use of community golf carts.
12. Notify Property Manager with solutions for any safety or liability concerns as well as preventative maintenance needs.
13. Conduct and document weekly safety meetings including procedures, training, safety equipment, MSDA and use of equipments.
14. Attend training to receive additional regulatory and environmental certifications such as lead and asbestos, renovations/repairs, and HVAC.
15. Complete service requests from residents and team members same. Document and work with office team for follow up with residents for incomplete service requests. Audit and reconcile key tracking system weekly.
16. Ensure excellent customer service and follow up, answering pages promptly, courteous and professional attitude toward all customers.
17. Efficient scheduling of service personnel and vendors; schedule and participate in after-hours emergency service requests, 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
People Development (in conjunction with Regional Service Manager):
18. Recruit and select team members, understanding and adhering to the hiring policies and procedures.
19. Teach, coach, and mentor team members; ensure team members receive necessary training and adhere to company policies and procedures.
20. Create a team environment: hold weekly team meetings; manage by goals, open communication.
21. Provide ongoing feedback to team members. Evaluate team members through scheduled formal written performance reviews. Take corrective action as necessary according to company policy. Provide recommendations for compensation adjustments, promotions, and terminations.
22. Lead by example. Accept accountability for all your actions. Hold direct reports accountable
23. Perform other duties as required.
High school diploma or equivalent, CFC Certification Type I and II or Universal, and valid Driver's License. 3 years (4 years for over 300 units) experience in maintenance and repair for apartment communities. One year (2 years for over 300 units) supervisory experience. Knowledge to troubleshoot and repair HVAC systems, appliances, water heaters, electrical systems, drywall, floor coverings, carpentry, locks, painting, pools, plumbing, roofs, life safety equipment. Understanding of operating budgets. Proficient in word processing and Excel. Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
MACHINES, EQUIPMENT, TOOLS USED:
Word, Excel, Internet applications, and printers, telephones, fax machine, photocopier, ladder, dolly, back belt, goggles, gloves, electric snake, reciprocating saw, hand saw, circular saw, table saw, cordless drill, snow blower, drill press, paint brush, vacuum, shampoo machine, blower, cleaning supplies, and small hand tools. Must have own hand tools.
Requires use of telephone, fax, and computer. Bending, kneeling, stooping, pushing and pulling required. Occasionally requires lifting 75 pounds or less. Must be able to walk apartments and grounds including steps. Able to climb ladders over 10 feet. Ability to read gauges.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers